Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Ted's and Parts!

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post, and I'm sure you are patiently waiting to see my finds from Ted's...

Ted's was great. Not too crowded and a ton of parts to dig through. We were there for a number of hours. I managed to find a pair of sweet fish tails, upsweep headers, throttle with grips, a rear fender, Bate's style headlight, and a cheesy yet so sweet "Goddess of Highway Safety" taillight. I recently bought a cat face but I think I'll be going with the goddess. Sorry cat.



THOSE FISH TAILS!!!! 

I couldn't RESIST. 


The biggest piece (also probably most expensive) is the hardtail. No luck at Ted's. Ted's obviously doesn't make hardtails for Honda Shadows however, Cal and I tossed the idea around using a Ted's replica big twin hardtail. It would look awesome but it's just too costly for how much we would actually have to modify it. 

So, build a hardtail from scratch or find a kit? Have you ever seen a real hardtail on a Honda shadow? Neither have I, so this bike is for sure going to be a head scratcher. It's also going to take some major surgery but I think it will be worth it in the end. It will be so different than most chopped Honda Shadows out there. I have some big plans but I'm at a real standstill at the moment until I figure out the hardtail. This is going to be such a sick little chopper.

Cal and I have also talked about using a CB750 rear wheel laced to a 16" Harley rim so I can get rid of the steam roller rear wheel and use a normal vintage tire.

On the other side of plans, I've been writing my thoughts and plans down for the BRO Cali trip. I learned the other day that I may have two weeks off from work. My plan is to bring my bike cross country, by myself. What a thought process... a lot of time getting to know my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment