Monday, November 19, 2018

Is the sun in your eyes, easy rider?

I find when I look at someone's chopper, I could almost see into the person's mind. It could be cluttered with mismatched parts, painted dark, rusted, earth tones. Or to the extreme opposite, a brightly painted fantasy and with neon colors. It totally depends on that person's personality, taste, and dream.

I love looking at 60's & 70's era style choppers. Some of them are so outlandish, so psychedelic. I love it. I was always drawn to golds, burnt oranges, and 70's sleaze.


(WRENCH Magazine, February 2015. Owner: "Little Sven" Eriksson)

Joe brought over a box full of old classic Easyriders and other magazines from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I'm trying to pull some inspiration for my build. The 70's were such a cool era. I even find the naked girls to be completely alluring in a carefree way. I still don't quite know what I want but it's one of those things I'll know it when I see it. So far, the Shovelhead above is pretty close.


As the weather grows colder it's the perfect time for planning and finding inspiration. I'm going pretty stir crazy because I really want to start cutting this bike up but I still need some parts before I can start. I'm hoping Tedd's in December will have what I need. Fishtails, tank fender, maybe a seat. This bike is literally all I can think about...


MUNDY BUILDS A CHOPPER

No comments:

Post a Comment