Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Packing Your Bike

We are souls learning new things everyday in this human experience! It's not easy asking for help, especially if you don't have anyone to ask help to. (Thank you to the blessed internet, but sometimes we need guidance of a person to person experience.) I realized that the ultimate gift of gratitude is being thankful to learning new information, especially to an uncomfortable situations where it can feel like you are in over your head. I also realized as women, learning bike life isn't exactly the easiest to learn on your own. Especially if you come from a background of no one riding in your family (admit it, we are all black sheep in our families if you are reading this blog.) I am thankful to the fact of my significant other knowing more then plenty and coming from a background of bikes, but I wanted to add to my blog some resources for women on the road. It is so empowering to encourage each other to learn new things and share our experiences. 

So I wanted to share some things I've learned, and be super open to anyone wanting to share tips and ideas of their experiences on my blog. Today, I learned how to roll up my yoga mat on my bike. I missed a yoga class this morning and decided to do some yoga at the lake while Cal was working in the garage. BUT I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO ROLL UP MY MAT TO MY BIKE.

I have never tied anything to the front of my bike, and I hate asking other people to do things that I need to learn. With packing the bike, it can be a science. I lack patience, but if you are ever rolling down the road and have something fly off, its a HUGE pain in the ass. (and obviously, it can be dangerous.) 

WHAT YOU WILL NEED: 2 bungee cords
  • When rolling up your mat or blanket, roll it up tight and point the edge down. (This is so the wind doesn't unravel anything)
  • Place the rolled up mat tightly to the front but UNDERNEATH any cables. Don't pinch anything. 
  • Hook the two hooks on the handle bars facing down. Make sure they mirror each other. 
  • Warp your bungee cord in an "X" formation. 
Make sure they are nice and tight. this is for when you are riding the down the road, the wind doesn't take anything, and there you have it, a rolled blanket or mat attached to the front of your bike. 
I hope this helps you in your travels. I know camping, life is about comfort. I'm thinking of writing a camping list for my next blog. Feel free to share any stories or tips!



No comments:

Post a Comment