Monday, July 22, 2019

ON the move...

I received a little token in the mail from Sara Mulvery at @revelerytintype. I had the chance of meeting her on my first Babes trip over a year ago, and I really dug her personality (not to mention her killer tattoos). I see her all the time at bike events, working her butt off. She sets up her booth and takes actual tintypes of people. Her website sells beautiful art. It’s almost like reading an old book and imagining the scenery of a cabin or flowers in a field. She’s definitely one of the people I’m really happy to have met during moto events. Here is her website where you can check out her stuff! I’m really excited to see her art take off and see her portraits of people.

www.revelrytintype.com

On a side note, I find that the outdoors literally is another heaven on earth. Since building the chopper, I’ve been dying to explore the area around me, especially abandoned sites in NJ and old history. I have been a huge fan of strange oddities since being a small and (slightly) morbid child. Cemeteries fascinate me. So much history that seems almost forgotten. Here is a photo I took for “Weird NJ”, which is a magazine that is super fantastic. If you are looking for ghost stories or old history, it has it for you! 

www.weirdnj.com

I can close my eyes and think back to the countless “goosebumps” books and “Scary Stories To tell in the Dark” that I would read in my clubhouse. I had a small black and white notebook where I would write scary stories. I could smell the summer air in the back yard and think back to my mom calling me for dinner as dusk broke down the day, being trailed by my trusty companion dog. It was such a fun age, I was nowhere near makeup or what was popular. I was totally unaware of my looks or how much pressure society would put on me to grow up. Nostalgia hits me so hard. 

I think camping has a weird root to that feeling. I know that a lot of people would disapprove of a woman camping on her own, I and get that. There are some Forensic Files episodes that cloud my thoughts. I know that there are risks... but I am more interested in being independent and careful enough to take care of myself. I love the idea of waking in the morning being totally self-sufficient and making my own coffee by a percolator. Maybe there is a part of me longing for freedom in the sense of doing something myself. I have my motorcycle which gives me the freedom, why not use it? 

I’ve been doing my research on the wilderness and I just received a book in the mail.


I have vivid daydreams of the heavenly treasures that are among us. It’s hard for me to go to church and understand everything because I’m not sure how I feel about it, but being connected to nature. I feel like that is my church. Riding my bike down winding roads, that is my church. 


I feel closer to heaven and the moon, and even my mom because she’s back in nature, sending me signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment